Tuesday, February 01, 2005

I'm All Puffed-Up With Pride

Please indulge me and allow me to post this email I received from my sister today. I could not feel less deserving of her kind words, nor more proud... (Yes. I know this is extremely self-serving. And I didn't even ask her permission to post this. But GOD this made me feel good. :-) )

From my "seester:"
"Oh, you are such a good Mom. Of course Sami is going to actually look forward to bedtime, with you doing your little "ritual" every night with her. How sweet. So unlike Moms who just more or less throw them into a bed, prop a bottle, and shut the door so they can't hear them screaming. Thank you for being so good to her. I couldn't stand it if you just acted like you couldn't take the time to actually rock her, read to her, and cuddle with her. I really am so proud of you and how you have just "taken to" being a Mom. I have never heard you, I don't think even once, complain about taking care of Sami in any way or form. You are just always so amazed by her and seem so happy to do even the smallest things for her. I really didn't know about you playing the Mom figure, that day so long ago when you called and said you were PG. I just couldn't see you "fitting" that into your lifestyle. It was so unlike how you've always been. I knew you LIKED kids, but you were never really like me, where you just can't get enough of them. But you have truly amazed me. I don't think you could do anything (so far) differently, to make you a better parent. Congratulations. I'm so proud of you."

No comments: