Monday, February 21, 2005

Breakfast Beans

Sami's dad must've been in a fog yesterday when he graciously allowed me to sleep in, and took it upon himself to get up with Sami on the early shift...

He got up with her around 6:45am, and I finally joined them around 8-ish. As I prepared our breakfast, I asked Michael how Sami did eating her cereal earlier. He kind of screwed up his face, and went, "Oh. Cereal. I forgot about that." I had an inkling of what was to come... I said, "You didn't feed her cereal?" And he goes, "Um, no." I said, "Then what might you have found for her for breakfast?" "I guess I gave her green beans." I made a face, "Green beans at 7am, for breakfast?!"

He brightened... "But she ate the whole jar!"

I suggested to Sami that we make a salad for her dad's breakfast to pay him back.

I guess that is the beauty of being not quite 6 months old; she really has no expectations about what is normal. I was thinking that if you took her outside and the sky was orange and the grass was purple, it wouldn't make any impression on her. If that was all you had ever known, orange and purple would seem as reasonable as blue and green, right?

No comments: